If you have followed UsingMac articles for quite some time, I believe that we all have
known how to download YouTube video easily even in HD quality.
For large videos, however, we will need to wait several tens of minutes before we can open
the video. Hey, why don't we just stream download it? Like what we did while watching the
video on YouTube?
If you want to stream download it, follow these steps:
I assume that the video download process is already begun and you can see it in the
Download Activity (Safari: Cmd-Opt-L; Firefox: Cmd-J)
- Now Ctrl-Click on the download item (the video) and choose Show in Finder
- The filename will be shown with format .download, you can't open it
- Ctrl-Click on it and select Show Package Contents
- Inside you can see the file with video format .mp4
- Run it and you've successfully stream download the video
This trick works well for downloading video from YouTube. I haven't tested it for other
Subscribe to RSS
Leave a Comment (85)
Some articles taken from our resource base, tightly related to current article, to empower
you with more knowledge on tweaking the most out of your Mac.