I am sure there is at least one time you wish to make and record your own music. However, you are reluctant to come to the studio for the reason of inconvenience. Moreover, it will take you and people who help recording a lot of time and effort in order to make a rather perfect song.
Garageband can help solve this problem. With a Mac, an electric instrument (piano or guitar) together with a garageband software, the whole music world is in your hand.
1. Learn to Play
Don’t know how to play these instrument? No worry! GarageBand will teach you how to learn piano and guitar basic skills.
For example, you will learn black and white keys, rhythm, playing position, chord, chord progressions, sustain pedal for piano.
And acoustic guitar, electric guitar, holding a guitar, tunning, picking and strumming, strumming an e-chord for guitar.
You can even learn to play a song from the artist who made it famous. Norah Jones will teach you how to play “Thinking about You” with piano. John Fogerty teaches you how to play “Fortunate Son” with guitar. Sara Bareilles teaches you how to play “Love Song” with piano. Choose the song then click “Add to Cart”; you can review the short film and can choose to buy if you like.
2. Plug and play
Get instant access to music studio by plugging an electric piano or a guitar into your Mac. Now, you are ready to record and mix your own song.
- Choose New Project then choose your favorite instrument.
- Name your new project
- Ready to record
- Press the record button to start recording the music
3. Magic GarageBand
A lot of music categories waiting in this session such as Rock, Blues, Jazz, Country, Latin…
- Choose the Genre that you like.
- The whole set of instrument will be displayed. Now choose your instrument and step into the spotlight like a star. You will have a lot of fun by playing your own instrument or singing along with this Magic GarageBand Jam.
- You can customize each instrument by clicking on it. For example, five different types of bass will be displayed. They are Upright, Baby Bass, Melodic, Fretless, Fifths. Using different types will create different sounds for the same song.
In next sessions, we will teach you how to record and mix the song using piano instrument. Have a nice day with GarageBand.