One of the missing yet necessary utility from our Mac Preview, though we’ve gotten many other extra features, is the ability to print document as booklet.
Unlike normal printing option, to print a document (or maybe, eBook) as booklet the order of the page is extremely important, e.g. order of the page for printing 8-Page document should be 8-1 2-7 6-3 4-5, which will consume up most of the time in the process of ordering.
Therefore, to create booklets of our documents, we will need…
Create Booklet 1.0.1
Create Booklet, created by Christoph Vogelbusch, is the additional utility sought by many booklet fans. With this nifty utility, which is a sequence of automator actions actually, in few steps a well-arranged booklet can be printed out.
You can download it from this page: Create Booklet 1.0.1.
Integration with Mac Preview
With only one additional option, which is to create the booklet, no much further learnings are required to master this new utility. These simple steps will be more than enough to help you utilize this.
- Install Create Booklet 1.0.1
- Open your document with Preview (usually in form of PDF)
- Choose File → Print… (keystrokes Command-P)
- Located at lower left, button labelled PDF can be pressed
- From provided menu selections, choose new option Create Booklet
- In the new Preview pane opened from the finished process, pages have already been sorted to be printed as booklet
I’ve tried it on printing my several notes and it really works!