Maybe you’re curious about the title. Let me explain it in a brief and short way: with Ruby already installed on Mac, you can install a ruby script to grab Quote of the Day into your Terminal.
Perhaps it sounds difficult for you, but actually it’s really easy. Everyone can definitely do it.
Here are the steps:
- Download this Ruby Script
- Put that file into your Home folder
- Open your Terminal and type vim ~/.bash_profile
- Press character I to go to Insert Mode and insert ruby quote_of_the_day.rb into the end of the file
- Quit Insert Mode by pressing Escape key
- Type :wq to save the changes to the file and exit vim mode
- Relaunch your Terminal and now you should be able to see the quote of the day
You will never know what will happen before you try it.
You will never understand what has happened before you apply it.
This post is the contribution of James. Thanks a lot for his nifty trick.