It isn’t so scary to have many long named files when using Mac, as Mac can recognize those long filenames in a very instant. For this case, there are two ways viewing these names in Mac, one is permanent view whereas the other one is temporary view.
The objective for this ways is to make the filenames located at the right side of its icon with the size being shrinked.
- Control-Click on empty space of the Finder Window to show up the menu
- Then click on the Show View Options
- Command-J also can be used to replaced step 1 and step 2
- Appearance like this will be encountered
- Set as image above with following details
- Check the This window only radio button in order not to affect other display
- Adjust Icon size to 20×20 and Text size to 10pt
- Change Label position to the Right, it is set to Bottom as default
- After that, the long filenames won’t be a problem anymore
If the first way is not preferable, reading how to use this way will be very helpful. Whenever mouse hover to the filename, don’t forget to press Option, this will immediately showing the complete filename.