Besides TextEdit special ability to create an astonishingly quick HTML features, which further information can be read at Creating Web Content with TextEdit, TextEdit also included this surprisingly useful feature Completing Missing Letter.
Check Spelling and Complete Missing Letter with TextEdit
It’s such a great advantage TextEdit gives here. TextEdit can help check the spelling that will return red underline for misspelled words, and TextEdit will be happily help correct that word if it is told to do so.
How to make TextEdit correct misspelled or incomplete word?
- Highlight word that is required correction or completion by TextEdit
- After that, press Control while clicking on that highlighted word
- Many TextEdit recommendations will pop up right into sight
- Choose the most favorite (of course, most correct) one
- Let’s stick to two examples on widws and macntsh. Resulting these two
- Initially I think widws would be recommended by TextEdit as Windows, err maybe I am too simple-minded..
However, TextEdit is not genius enough to recommend more than one word at one time.
Tips : Double click on a word to make TextEdit auto highlights the whole word.
Look Up in Dictionary
This is just another QuickSilver for searching meaning of word. However, it’s TextEdit doings, and TextEdit prefer using mouse than using keyboard shortcut. What a mouse lover TextEdit is.
Search in Google
It’s another advantage using TextEdit, searching directly to Google (with browser Safari) is as comfortable as watching the rainbow (just another odd phrase I’ve here).
There is a fun thing on this feature, I call it Google Calculator Paradox. Try typing this formula ((0^0)*(0.0+0^0)+0^0)^(0^0/(0^0+0^0*0.0+0^0))= or directly copying from this link : copy this. Search for it, and the super genius Google will return something like this