It is necessary to keep alert whenever you bring your Mac outside. As you know, everyone love Mac so your Mac will be in danger if you leave it open in the crowd. Therefore, you need the easiest way to lock your screen.
Screen Saver Hot Corner
Screen saver hot corner is the place that gives mouse authority to put Mac into sleep.
Using Hot Corner
There will be four hot spot that can be chosen, it’s a matter of freedom to choose one or even four of them. While mouse being quickly moved from one random point to this hot spot, Mac will fall asleep.
Setting Hot Corner
- Jump to Desktop & Screen Saver Pane, i.e. QuickSilver, Option-Space to open, can do it very well with keyword desksave
- Under screen saver tab will be spotted button named Hot Corners
- Click on it and choose the most possible corners (choosing four them won’t be impossible)
Wake Up Password
This is where the Mac get its protection, password is needed whenever Mac is being woken up from sleep mode or screen saver mode. That’s why the hot corner before needs to be done to make it easier to secure Mac.
Enable Security Lock
Actually, the setting is located right before eyes in the form of check box, that’s why it needs to be ticked to activate.
- Run Security Preference Pane, apparently QuickSilver will be the fastest way, i.e. keyword is secpref
- Tick the check box labelled Require password to wake this computer.. (and so on)