There are two way of renaming file, one via QuickSilver and the other one via Finder.
It’s really easy to rename with Finder. You just need to highlight the item need to be renamed, press Return and type in the name then press Return again.
Advantage of Using Quicksilver
- First, Quicksilver help you find the items, if it is an Application, more quickly.
- Second, you don’t even need to reach the arrow keys to select item to item.
- Third, it’s the matter of racing with time. Your time record to rename file will improve when you used Quicksilver as it’s depend on typing speed.
Renaming with Quicksilver
- Invoke Quicksilver Option-Space
- Type in the keystrokes to search for item need to be renamed. For example, quick to search for Quicksilver
- Enter the action box with Tab
- Use keystrokes rena to perform Rename…
- Tab again to move to next field and it will automatically change to text field
- Enter the new name. And all the rename process has done