OpenTerminalHere, one of the toolbar script for Mac OS X, is created to help Terminal user to instantly jump to current opened directory in its Terminal. It’s a time saver as we don’t need to type in many cds to go to our working directory.
This application (AppleScript to be more specific) can be downloaded at OpenTerminalHere AppleScript Projects.
Let’s discuss about attaching and removing this Application to and from Finder toolbar.
Attaching to Toolbar
- Download the file. Don’t worry, it’s free
- Now you already downloaded the zip file right? Unzip it with whatever zipper application you have (and make sure it works).
- Drop the OpenTerminalHere icon to your Mac Finder toolbar. Make sure to hold a little longer until the green ‘plus’ sign appear that indicate the toolbar addition is prepared
- Here is the result..
Removing from Toolbar
- Move your mouse to the top of the icon
- Hold down the Command, to avoid performing action when the icon being clicked
- Grab the icon, move it everywhere you want except to toolbar and drop it. It will disappear into open air in the form of smoke, i.e. poofs
- Now, you’ve successfully removed OpenTerminalHere