Do you realize that the most Application you use will likely to appear at the top of the QuickSilver search list? Honestly, I realize this behavior but I didn’t know that QuickSilver gives rank for every of its search result.
I hope that all of you will understand how QuickSilver default searching works and make use of it after reading this article.
Understand the Grading Behavior
- Invoke your Quicksilver Option-Space and then typing your favorite keyword (e.g. a)
- Hit Down Arrow to display full Quicksilver searching results
- You will definitely see bubbles at the left side of each searching results. It’s there to represent the priority given by QuickSilver to each of searching results, i.e. the darker the higher.
- The more the keyword match the result, the darker the bubble will become.
Set the Default Launching
- Then Control-Click on one of the results and the menu will pop up, something like this
- First important point here is, you can see the exact number of rank (instead of bubble opacity). Unfortunately, I don’t know the exact formula to calculate the rank, all I know is that the rank represents the matching of result and keyword given.
- Second and most important, you can set your current keyword as default QuickSilver searching every time after you set it to default. Simply click on the Set as Default for “<object>” and it’s set to default by Quicksilver.