It’s really amazing, great, and wonderful. However, we have to set them (can see how Jennifer make it..) and the most difficult part is we have to memorize them all. It’s like my dull memory being insulted every time I tried to memorize and accidentally forgot them all in an instant.
But hey, why don’t we set our shortcut to be windows way? We just need to quickly access to the menu bar and pull down all the menu inside, sounds nice.. Let’s give it a try!
First of all, we need a very powerful keyboard shortcut to access directly to the menu bar. And for the sake of our comfort, I prefer to change it (and also recommend you) Command-[?].
Now we can easily reach our menu bar just like those windows fellows’ *ALT+F*. The difference is, the pop down menu won’t reveal itself unless it’s told to do so.
Thing is getting more and more interesting now. After make sure that your Apple is highlighted, you can jump from one menu to another menu by typing a little portion of menu tab you want to go.
Changing Shortcuts for Accessing Menu Bar
- Invoke your QuickSilver Option-Space
- Type in keymouse to enter Keyboard & Mouse Preference Pane.
- Go under Keyboard Shortcut tab
- The one highlighted in image below is what you should press (or maybe change) in order to access to menu bar
- Make sure you’re already inside your photoshop
- Command-[?] pressed and you will be brought to your Apple
- Ok, now I want to go to Filter. Typing *fil* won’t do because it’s pointing to *File*, you should type *filt* instead
- Now the highlight is already at *Filter*. Pressing either Space or Return will help you reveal the tab
- Horray! You are inside Gaussian Blur settings now