Here are two special secret features of Quicksilver that you should know.
Revealing the Secret
- Invoke Quicksilver using keystrokes Command-Spacebar
- Call up an object, for example AppleScript Utility
- The default action will be Open. Press Control-Return instead of Return
- The object and the action will be combined and became Open AppleScript Utility
- Go to action box again, the two secret features will be revealed, i.e. Run After Delay and Run at Time
Run After Delay
Inserting the value 2m and Quicksilver will do the action 2 minutes later. The same case apply for 2s (two seconds later) or 2h (two hours later). This is extremely useful if you want to have a countdown timer for your Mac.
Run at Time
Using the value 1:47 and Quicksilver will do the action as soon as your Mac clock hit 1:47. For reference, you can see the clock in the menu bar.
- If you quit your Quicksilver before the action is performed, the action will never be performed
- After calling the action with these Quicksilver secret features, the action cannot be cancelled (except you quit the Quicksilver)